Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Travel ???????AGAIN??????? Gone Mad or what??????


I know all of you will be asking this question when you finish reading this blog. I cant help it. This is what I can do very happily than anything else in this world. OK. This time it is the traveling tale to Bangalore and Mysore. I had decided to take a trip to Bangalore on Friday (13.10.06) night and reach Bangalore the next morning. I decided to do so on Wednesday (11.10.06) itself. I had to apply for leave on Saturday as it was a working day due to the bandh and curfew situations in Mangalore for the past one week. With great difficulty I got leave for Saturday.

I took the non a/c sleeper bus from Mangalore to bangalore at 10.30 pm on Saturday. I planned to sleep but could not because of the great condition of the roads from Mangalore to Hassan. This is the worst road in whole of India I believe. There are no roads in the ghat section and it is covered by muddy roads. This was due to the heavy rains that still last in the Ghats. After a painful journey for half the distance and after reaching the plains from Hassan to Bangalore I had a nice sleep.

I was supposed to reach at 7 but, due to the bad roads I could manage to reach at 8. Why was I going to Bangalore suddenly? This time it was my brother Kannan from Chennai who had to take a break from his regular calls he was receiving daily. He wanted to just switch off his mobile for 2 to 3 days and go to some other place. He also had some personal works to do in Bangalore. By the time I reached Bangalore he was already there. Even though Bangalore is equidistant from Mangalore and Chennai, (about 350 KM) it takes 5.5 hrs from Chennai and around 7.5 hrs from Mangalore because of the ghat section and thanks to the bad roads.

After taking bath he had left to have a look at the venue for some competition he is supposed to assist with soon. I had to spend that time in repairing a computer as much I could but only managed a little. Then we decided to take lunch and leave to Mysore. We boarded a super fast train from Bangalore to Mysore which was really super fast and reached Mysore in another 2 hrs and 15 min.

We took a prepaid auto to the bus stand and then had to walk some distance to reach to the local bus stand. We took a look at the palace en route to the bus stand. We didn’t plan to visit the palace as we both had been to it before many times. So we boarded the bus which would take us to the KRS (Krishna Raja Sagar) DAM. It was the perfect time (5.30 pm) to visit the dam as it has a beautiful garden known as the Brindhavan Gardens. First we took a look at the beautiful dancing fountain that was a real crowd puller at this venue.

At this time I had the memories of my last visit to this place with my college mates which was supposed to be an industrial visit which we converted to a tour :). After enjoying 2 songs at the fountain we headed to the dam via the garden. It was pitch dark at 6.30 and we both were confused as to whether the garden was closed so soon. Then we came to know that it was due to the power failure. With the help of the moon light and my mobile we reached the dam site and then had a look at the dam. Water could be seen to a long distance and I was surprised that even though having such large resources of water why Karnataka could not release water to Tamilnadu. (Ok no more politics). Then just as we turned back to look at the garden to take our walk back via the garden it was lighted again and it was a awesome place covered full of lights and some fountains. The garden was well maintained. I was wondering when Chennai could get such attractions. Hope the best.

Then we headed back to the bus stand and took dinner before we boarded a good bus back to Bangalore. We slept as soon as we boarded the bus but could not continue after an hour as it was too cold inside the bus and we had a little chat before we reached the Bangalore bus stand. Than we headed back to the guest house of my brother’s office and took a nice sleep from 2 am to 8 am.

I planned to take my brother to my Bangalore office in electronics city. We took some snaps at my office thanks to Abhishek (my best friend from the training period in Hyderabad) and we had a good lunch in office. We then proceeded to MG road and brigade road as we planned to do some shopping for diwali. I purchased a cargo and some t-shirts and my brother bought some rain jackets (as if it is raining always in Chennai). Then we headed back to the guest house and had a nice match in TV waiting for us (IND vs. ENG) which India eventually won. We had dinner and headed to majestic to catch our buses back to Mangalore and Chennai. Our routine work was waiting for us from tomorrow.

Don’t scold me for taking trips now and then. I promise you all that I wont go on a trip in the near future. Oh!!! No!!! It is getting late for my train to Chennai. Ha ha ha. Its diwali guys and I have to be back home enjoying food. See you all soon.



Wish you all a happy and safe diwali.<>

7 comments:

anand said...

Abe bas ghumte hi rehna ...kaam mat karna...aur dossre paragraph mein it shoul be manglore to banglore not banglore to manglore ..correct it..
:)

sai kripa said...

welcome home sir

DEEPU said...

anand ji,
Change ho gaya.
Ghumte hi rahhoonga.

DEEPU said...

manni,
itho vanthutten

Unknown said...

hi... good to read again ur trip journey.. this time its special bec anna is with u... thanks for reminding abt our tour and that awesome Garden..its great to read ur blog..i enjoy ur comments in between.. always awaiting to read ur next blog... ...

DEEPU said...

archa,
Not only this time, every time i travel to meet special people. I know u will remember the tour wen i write abt this.

Krishna Shasankar said...

haev uploaded the fotos of banglore trip sumwhere...?