Monday, October 02, 2006

Mangalore nagaram urangum neram thanimai niraindhadhu mazhaiyum peyyudhu!!!


Those who do not understand the topic just leave that. It has got nothing to do with this post. It just says how I started this weekend and how boring it is to be alone. After a very tiring week I decided to stay back in mangalore at least this weekend so that I could take some rest without travelling anywhere. Friday(29.09.06) evening started with a birthday party in office. Not knowing what to do till night I decided to stay back in office for some time and left at around 8 to my house. I had dinner in my house itself and slept. Next day(Saturday/30.09.06) morning started at 04.30 hrs. Why so early?. That's because I was supposed to meet my neighbour from chennai in the railway station by 05.15 hrs(Scheduled arrival of the west coast express).


Aaram se I started from home and also rain had started by then. So I preferred taking an auto from a nearby stand(Autos doesn't cost you much in mangalore). Chalthe chalthe I reached station in just 5 minutes. Now the time was 05.00 hrs. As I neared the station only i realised that the train had come already.( Don't be surprised. It actually happened. Yes, first time in the history of southern railways, according to my knowledge, a train had arrived 30 minutes before scheduled arrival. Claps for the engine driver). Now I rushed to the station hoping that my neighbour come late out of the station. As I entered the station I saw my neighbour just coming out of the platform. They were travelling to udupi(Place near mangalore about which I will cover later in the post). Wondering why I got up so early?. Here is the answer-Mom had sent some snacks(murukku) thru them for me which I was supposed to collect.


As I reached back home after thanking them, my roomies where still enjoying their sleep. I was all alone watching some boring stuffs in T.V. Then one by one my roomies got up and we were ready for breakfast. Guess what for breakfast?. All the snacks which I had brought was finished in a flash. Everyone liked it very much and we enjoyed a good breakfast. Then we were only three left in the room. One had gone to pune for the weekend, One to Bangalore and one more had been to Office. We where planning what to do and how to kill time. So we decided to go to a movie. We first went to book tickets and I insisted for "LAGE RAHO MUNNA BHAI". One of them had seen it twice already and one had seen it once. But they agreed to see once more for me(poor guys). We got tickets for 15.45hrs show. But what to do from 12.00 noon to evening. As we reached home we had lunch and the other 2 slept happily again. I was alone again. You should know one thing now



"The most difficult thing to do is doing nothing."



I was whiling away time and did not feel sleepy also to have a good nap. Then I passed some time by watching some sports channel. Then it was around 3.15 and we started to the theatre. The movie was too good and i enjoyed it very much. The theatre(ADLABS) was also very nice. Then we went to a super market to buy some stuffs which my roomies needed for their trekking expedition planned for Sunday and Monday some 60-70 KM from mangy. Wondering why I didn't join them?. Surprise!!! So we had nice dinner in some restaurant near office. We went home and slept. Next day(01.10.06) for me started again at 04.30 hrs. My roomies were getting ready to leave mangy and catch a bus to that trekking place at 05.15 hrs. Was that the only reason I had got up so early in the morning that day also. No!!! I left at 04.45 hrs from home and reached where? The railway station. Again??? Today it was not my neighbour and it was my dearest friend from college. Who else other than kris.(For who doesn't know kris, krishna is my classmate who is presently working in Synaptris decisions as a web designer.) As yesterday i was late again no no the train was early again. Don't know what has happened to the railways. I think the employees are happy on them receiving the bonus for this month.

Now that you know the reason behind me dropping out from the trekking expedition we ll continue with the story. What more do you want when you meet your friend after a long time? Say bye bye to trekking and other stuffs. Kris had come here as he also wanted to take a break. Poor guy works late nights in office. So we reached my house. Kris was surprised to see me living in a 8 storey apartments. Yes, cost of living in mangy(as kris used to call this place) is really cheap. You could get a well furnished house at around 1500/- per head. Kris freshened up and we both set our foot for a expedition in and around mangy. We walked happily in heavy rain for some distance before we could find some place to get a good film roll to take some snaps.



Our first plan was to go to Panambur beach near mangy. This place was to good early in the morning. We took some great snaps of a ship that was moving out of the port. We walked some distance into the sea not in water but a elevated stone way made of rocks into the sea. After having a good look at the beach kris made a wrong decision to have breakfast in the sea shore itself. I advised, but he was in no mood to listen.(Poor guy must not have had good food in train for the 18 hour journey he made.) So he ordered for a Dosa and I ordered a plate of Idly. As soon as the plates arrived I stared at Kris and he starred at me. What we expected was a dosa and idly but, god knows what they served us. One was a cake made of Idly dough and other was a Baked variety in a flat surface. We, sorry I managed to finish it some how and we left to the best place in this whole of mangalore. That place is none other than my OFFICE.


I just took kris around my office and he enjoyed the place. He was surprised to see the facilities available in office. So after spending half an hour in office we headed towards BIGBAZAAR(shopping mall in mangy). Kris bought some kurta for his brother and we came out soon. Then I took kris to a place called PABBAS which is a unit of IDEAL Ice Cream Parlour. Kris and Myself enjoyed something called as Pabbas special and also some chocolate choclatty or something which was awesome. For those who had not been to mangy or do not know about mangalore just know one thing that it is famous for ICE-CREAMS.


After having nice Ice creams we headed back home. We took just 5 min break and I had a call from a person who owns a franchisee of mental arithmetic system. Kris was supposed to meet him and discuss on some issues regarding their website. You wont believe what I am about to tell. That person's son who is just 6 years old was able to tell the tables for the number 162 in just 30 seconds and it is not by memorising and was all based on some calculations in mental arithmetic using ABACUS. Then he showed us some book on calligraphy upon seeing which we both busted out laughing as we both were nowhere near to good handwriting.

Then we had lunch and headed straight to UDIPI which is some 50 KM on the NH-17 towards GOA. As it was raining throughout the day we were always wet. We had a nice nap in the bus and it reached udipi in an hour. After getting down at the main bus stand we took another bus to the beach. We walked some 100 mtrs before reaching the beach. We looked at some islands 6 KM away from the shore where Tipusultan had built some watch towers via a telescope. The view was really awesome. We didn't venture into the sea as we were not really interested.



We decided to sit on the sand and we had a discussion on our college days.Those colourful days in every body's life. We should find a means by which we could travel back to those days using a time machine. Man cant go back in time but we still have memories left in us. We both visualized each and every college moment we had spent together. We took some snaps in the beach and then the time arrived. It was 18.00hrs and the sun was ready to set and poor guy kris did not have the luck in watching the sunset as it got cloudy and the sun set behind the clouds. Anyways the place was awesome and we enjoyed a lot in our discussion than anything else.

Then we decided to go to MANIPAL which is some 5-6 KM from Udipi. We just looked at around the various colleges of the MANIPAL UNIVERSITY(awesome place to study). Then we decided to get back home by a express bus to mangalore. We reached mangalore in good time for dinner and had nice food. We went home and slept. Next day morning(02.10.06) we were up by 8 and we decided to go to a place called Sultan battery near the river where we could not find a boat to cross us to the other side of the river.So we took some shots near the river and headed straight to Mangalore railway station. Kris was supposed to catch the mangalore mail back to chennai as he has to meet some person in his office without fail tomorrow. He boarded the train in a general compartment.





What am I doing after kris left to chennai??? I am just typing this blog for you all from my office. I ll update with the photos as soon as kris gives a soft copy to me. What next? Get back to work and it is just 4 days away. What is just 4 days away????. It is the next weekend. Enjoy the weekdays till then at work.

14 comments:

Anand said...

mast hai boss ..jaldi se photo upload karna aur mujhe mail bhi kar dena...

Bharath said...

The most difficult thing to do is doing nothing... ithathan romba nala nan panren... Post the pics asap...

Unknown said...

i am really enjoying ur words ya.. its great...i am moved with ur narration... i understand ur lonely atmosphere..

Krishna Shasankar said...

ha ha... nice story writing skills,,,, macha nee sekkaram munukku vandhuruvey..... :-)

Jus reached Chennai... it wil take atleast 2~3 days to get soft copies of the fotos.... i ll upload em asap....

DEEPU said...

bharath,
no worries.
u can be happy that atleast u r in chennai. me being in mangy is little difficult.

DEEPU said...

archa,
thank you for ur appreciation.
i am just trying to learn some english.
now i am getting used to this lonely atmosphere.

Anonymous said...

Dei Buckku! Good start man. Enjoyed reading it. I never knew that Mangalotre had these many places to visit. Will visit you soon. :-)

DEEPU said...

karthi,
come as soon as possible to mangy.
we can enjoy a trip to goa which is also near to this place.

DEEPU said...

kris,
i am jus waiting for those photos and also for ur side of the same story.
hope u enjoyed the same as i did

Ashwath said...

vjfexiHi Deepak...
Really enjoyed reading ur blog...
The flow was fantastic..it was a beautiful journey which I could easily imagine..

Ashwath said...

HI Deepak...
Superb blog machi...I enjoyed the journey thru the coast very much...

Keep going...

Unknown said...

Awesome narration... seems you guys enjoyed every moment travelling :)

Man, keep yourself busy with activities that you like the most. Pls note there are many things we need to learn, enjoy and share (if possible) and Idleness may kill the thought process.

DEEPU said...

ashwath,
thanks man for taking some pain in reading this post which would have wasted a long time in ur training.
i understand u have enjoyed it though

DEEPU said...

balaji,
sorry for getting kris here without helping u with the project.
catch him as soon as he is there and all the best for ur TCS interview. do well.
surely will not feel lonely from now on as this thoughts would drive me for some more weeks to come.